Like many industries, the designing, building, and maintaining of infrastructure has been changed by technology. Paper drawings are a thing of the past. Instead, designers are using virtual reality and mixed reality to bring their ideas to life. Manually inspecting infrastructure by putting on hard hats and climbing on ropes is becoming old school. Now, organisations are using digital twins—digital representations of physical assets, processes, or systems, as well as the engineering information that allows us to understand and model their performance—to continuously monitor infrastructure and know when it is time to fix and update them.
For years, studies have shown that people want careers that are meaningful and positively impact the world around them. Often, however, what holds them back is either a lack of proper training or the inability to break into these industries. Understanding what the latest trends are, and how to use that technology, is key to being ready to take that next step in your career.
That’s where Bentley Systems believes it can help.
Bentley Systems,the infrastructure software company helps people build all the infrastructure that you see around you and use every day.
Expand this capability even further, they have recently announced the launch ofthe new Bentley Education, a program to help people grow into world-class talent and then connect that talent to world-changing opportunities. According to Bentley Systems it has everything needed to learn about what a career in infrastructure could mean—and how to make it happen.
The new Bentley Education provides:
- Access tolearning licenses of over 40 of Bentley’s most popular applications used by infrastructure professionals around the globe on their exciting projects
- A wide range of self-paced learning resources to earn certificates and boost your resume
- A community of peers and industry experts from around the world, with tips and tricks to grow in a chosen career and how to progress to employment
- The latest industry news and trends, stories from other students and young industry professionals, and much more!
Bentley Education isopen to students and educators at community colleges, technical institutes, polytechnics, universities, secondary schools, and homeschooled students.It provides access to Bentley applications at no cost. It’s available now inthe United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore, Ireland, and Lithuania. It will be launching in United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and India mid-summer. And they have plans to expand to the rest of the world.
Want to Be a Star?
Submit your innovative infrastructure projects to Bentley’s_Future Infrastructure Star Challenge 2021_. The winner of the challenge will be announced during the_Going Digital_ Awards at the Year in Infrastructure 2021 Conference.
The project is set up in two stages, and there are five categories to choose: road and rail, building and facilities, water and wastewater, cities and mapping, and power generation. Projects should focus on solving an environmental challenge that hinders infrastructure development, consider how to optimally use the Internet of Things, and contribute to the world’s health and welfare.
Submissions should be received 30 June 2021.
- The top 20 teams in stage 1 will receive USD 500 each
- The top 10 teams move on to the next round and get to design their idea using Bentley applications
- The final winning team will receive USD 5,000and recognition in Bentley’s 2021 Infrastructure Yearbook
To find out more go to https://education.bentley.com/FISC