Spacetalk Ltd (ASX:SPA) has launched the new Spacetalk Adventurer smartphone watch for children, and the new Spacetalk App for the whole family, the Spacetalk Adventurer.
Spacetalk Adventurer is the company’s next generation 4G all-in-one smartphone watch and GPS device for kids aged 5-12.
Fun, fashionable, safe and technologically advanced, Spacetalk Adventurer is a totally new design build and technology platform, with exciting new features that deliver confidence for the child, enhanced controls for the parent, and new functionalities for the family to stay connected.
Spacetalk Adventurer is purpose-built for children, incorporating major design, hardware and software engineering breakthroughs and enhancements into a high-quality device.
Spacetalk Adventurer’s enhancements include:
• 4G mobile network connectivity. Customised and highly advanced 4G mobile antenna design that meets stringent 4G network band requirements for ANZ, UK and most of Europe, supporting 4G (LTE, VoLTE; 7 bands) and 3G (WCDMA; 3 bands). This is a significant and hard to achieve technology breakthrough for a wearable device, and makes it more efficient to roll out with mobile network operators as there is no need to make different variants for each:
- Built kid-tough(er), with scratch-resistant safety gorilla glass and a hypoallergenic silicone band specifically designed to stand up to tough kid use
- IP67 water resistance
- Four on-trend speckled-finish body colours – midnight, coral, mist and ocean – able to be personalised through detachable interchangeable straps
- Largest capacity battery in the category – 750mAh
- Heart rate sensor, allowing for a new generation of health, fitness and emotional wellness features to be provided both on the watch and through the new Spacetalk App
- Hi-res 5MP camera
- Improved high accuracy GPS locator with licensed Google Maps
- Large OLED screen with high brightness yet low energy consumption
The new Spacetalk App with Spacetalk Adventurer replaces the AllMyTribe App and provides new functionality beyond parental controls. Every linked contact, regardless of device or age, can now stay connected in the more fun, engaging and secure Spacetalk ecosystem.
The new group Family Chat function allows families and other approved contacts to start or join group conversations using their Spacetalk devicesor any iOS or Android device, such as a tablet or phone, in the secure and private Spacetalk ecosystem.
Kids with Spacetalk Adventurers can chat (and share recorded audio, videos and pictures) with other approved contacts that are either using their Spacetalkor other devices. All conversations with the child’s Spacetalk Adventurer can be monitored by the parent through the Spacetalk App, ensuring the appropriateness and safety of messaging between their children and others in their network.
The company’s Spacetalk Life smartphone watch (released in June this year), will also form a key part of this new Spacetalk ecosystem.Like kids with Spacetalk Adventurer, seniors will be able to use their Spacetalk Life devices to chat with connected family and other members via Family Chat, either directly on their Spacetalk devices, or via the app on their mobile phone or tablet.
Other new Spacetalk App features include a range of new fitness, health and wellbeing tracking capabilities, such as Spacetalk Adventurer’s new heart rate monitor, step counter, GPS and movement sensors. Engaging and useful, these features promote healthier living and, where relevant, a means of monitoring and sharing data with others such as a family doctor or health profession