TAB, Australia’s biggest multichannel wagering brand, has released the first version of its highly anticipated new App which makes it faster and simpler for punters to place a bet as part of a digital transformation of the wagering company.
Today’s release is the first of multiple upgrades of TAB’s digital betting experience which includes:
- Making it 9 seconds faster to place a win and place bet.
- Adding Sky Racing and Sports Vision to betting slips so customers no longer miss a moment of live action.
- Upgrading Venue Mode so customers can access more offers while betting in TAB’s 4,000 venues across the country. In fact, you can see your closest local and see what’s on offer, including meal discounts and great TAB offers.
- A new personalised home page that makes it easier to access personal betting information.
- A new technology platform which will increase TAB’s product development speed by 160% and FastTrack approval processes from 4 weeks to 48 hours.
- TAB is also working on new products – a social betting function and same race multi will land before Christmas, together with new features for Same Game Multi.
Tabcorp Chief Executive Officer Adam Rytenskild said the App had been released in readiness for the major Spring Carnival Races including the TAB Everest, Melbourne Cup week and AFL and NRL Grand Finals.
“We promised our customers we would deliver an App that was faster, simpler and more personalised well before the Spring Carnival features and we have delivered on time,’’ he said.
“We want to be customer obsessed in everything we do and this is the first of what will be regular upgrades of our App to transform the digital wagering experience for punters.”
Mr Rytenskild said the first upgrade of the TAB App in more than two years would make it easier for punters.
“We’ve listened to our customers and our new App has been developed with the feedback of punters front of mind. It’s faster and easier to place a bet and punters won’t miss a second of live racing vision while they place their bets.”
The new App is part of a whole new digital platform for TAB.
“The flutter technology will allow us to update our App fortnightly if we want. We’re going to continually transform our digital experience to become the best for Australian punters.”
Tabcorp Chief Customer Officer Jenni Barnett said TAB’s product team were already working on the next phase of TAB’s digital upgrade.
“Today begins a new era for TAB Customers. The new App is now live and we’re already working on upgrading it – there’s no set and forget for us,’’ she said.
“We’ll have two new products to market before Christmas and there’ll be multiple upgrades of the App next year. Everything we do is focussed on giving our customers the best digital betting experience possible.
“I’m excited at the opportunities we can deliver them over the next 12 months.”
Tabcorp Chief Information Officer Alan Sharvin said the Flutter platform had transformed how TAB could get new products to market.
“We’ve revolutionised the way TAB develops digital products,’’ he said.
“Using the flutter platform has allowed to increase our speed to market by 160%. We used to have multiple code bases running at once – we’ve now streamlined that into one which ensures we can get products out faster than ever before.
“We’ve now got the capability to upgrade products fortnightly if we want. Flutter is used by some of the world’s biggest brands and we’re excited to be the first wagering company in Australia to use it. This accelerates our Product Development opportunities.”
Mr Rytenskild said the App would build on TAB’s reputation as Australia’s most trusted wagering brand.
“TAB is Australia’s most trusted wagering brand and we care for our customers. We’re continuing to evolve our tools to ensure our customers have access to every support they need and our staff have the technology to provide a safe wagering environment.”