Australian emergency medical solutions specialist Medical Developments International Limited (ASX: MVP) has received positive results from testing of its Penthrox pain relief system in Europe.
The company has told shareholders that data across 11 abstracts of studies conducted throughout Europe and presented at a major Congress have demonstrated multiple positive results of Penthrox including:
- Penthrox demonstrated superiority over intravenous (IV) morphine, paracetamol, ketoprofen and NSAIDS within a trauma setting
- Penthrox added to standard of care (SoC) demonstrates superiority over SoC plus placebo within a trauma setting
- Penthrox was successful in dislocation injuries and resulted in reduced time spent in the Emergency Departments – improving the patient experience and reducing crowding within the ED
- Other studies confirmed previously published data; that Penthrox is an efficacious, well tolerated/safe and rapidly acting analgesic in trauma settings.
- Studies commonly reported that Penthrox exceeded patient/clinician expectations and or resulted in a high degree of treatment satisfaction from patients and health care professionals.
- Penthrox was generally well tolerated across the studies, with most adverse event (AEs) being mild and transient.
MVP CEO, John Sharman said, the results are very positive.
We are delighted with the results of these recent European clinical trials demonstrating superiority of Penthrox over Standard of Care treatments (intravenous (IV) morphine, IV paracetamol, ketoprofen or NSAIDS) within the acute trauma setting. This reinforces the global potential for Penthrox as a simple, fast and effective non-opioid pain medication.”
Penthrox is a fast onset, non-opioid analgesic indicated for pain relief by self-administration in patients with trauma and those requiring analgesia for surgical procedures.