Global video technology company BirdDog Technology Limited (ASX: BDT) has celebrated its entrance into the burgeoning Chinese market with the appointment of Unique Beijing Solutions (UBS) as a key distribution partner.
- BirdDog successfully launches into China
- Appoints Unique Beijing Solutions as key distribution partner
- Agreement brings expertise and distribution experience, access to reseller networks, industry reputation and vertical markets experience
- Distribution of the full BirdDog product portfolio: hardware and software
- Initial sales expected to be seeded during this June 2023 quarter (Q4 FY23)
Under the distribution agreement grants UBS the right to market, sell and distribute all BirdDog products throughout China. UBS will actively promote BirdDog as they develop markets across the Company’s core customer segments, spanning new media, education, corporate, government, broadcast and E-sports industries. UBS will provide the following key advantages to BirdDog:
- Extensive expertise and distribution experience – established in 2002, UBS has been distributor for a number of manufacturers, most notably the NewTek master distributorship for over a decade. This tenure has helped UBS build a strong and loyal customer base;
- Robust reseller network – well-established, loyal, professional and long-term cooperation partner network incorporating 39 members, 30+ provincial resellers across both Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities and provinces in China. They have also cultivated relationships with multiple system integrators in the country; and
- Significant industry reputation and vertical markets experience, along with valuable insights into vertical markets.
Already UBS has initiated targeted market segmentation activities to promote BirdDog products such as the A-series and P-series 200 cameras at events like the recent 59th Higher Education Expo in Chongqing. UBS exhibited at the 87th China International Medical Equipment Fair in Shanghai in May, specifically showcasing BirdDog products, including the recently developed Remedi platform.
Co-Founder and CEO of BirdDog, Dan Miall, said the appointment of UBS as a distribution partner was strategically aligned to coincide with the recent release of BirdDog’s X120 camera1 – its first camera product retailing for under US$1,000. Following extensive market research, leading up to its release, BirdDog believes the X120, holds substantial potential within the Chinese market. With its accessibility, low latency, high quality, value, and wireless connectivity features, the X120 camera is poised to play a pivotal role in BirdDog’s near-term growth opportunities in China.
The company looks forward to leveraging UBS’s extensive distribution network, industry experience, and reputation to drive significant market penetration and growth in China. By combining forces UBS and BirdDog are poised to redefine the video technology landscape and set new standards in quality, speed, and flexibility for video broadcast and communications in the Chinese market,” Mr Miall said.’