Metal additive manufacturing specialist Amaero International Limited (ASX:3DA) has taken another step in its bid to win aerospace business with the company’s facility in El Segundo, California, has been awarded AS9100 Aerospace Certification.
Overseen by the International Aerospace Quality Group, AS9100 Certification is a widely adopted and standardised international quality management system for the Aviation, Space and Defence (AS&D) industries.
CEO, Barrie Finnin, said the Certification of the El Segundo facility further builds on the AS9100 certification of the Notting Hill facility in Melbourne and will provide the company with access to further opportunities within these markets.
Mr Finnin said that with qualification steps already in place, over the coming months, Amaero intends to start bidding on high value contracts within these sectors.
“AS9100 Certification is a key step in Amaero’s growth strategy, as the Company seeks additional opportunities in the Aviation, Space and Defence industries.
The Certification is a requirement of major aviation and aerospace manufacturers, including Pratt and Whitney, Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman, without it we would not be eligible to supply components for their production programmes.”
Mr Finnin said AS9100 Certification provides Amaero with:
- Qualification as a prerequisite to be considered as a supplier to the Aerospace industry
- Public recognition as a global leader in the industry
- Further internal validation of controls and procedures
- Independent feedback to facilitate ongoing development and improvements
- The certification aligns with Amaero’s mid-term growth strategy.